In this article we will intorduce how to build your first runbook using System Center Orchestrator 2012
- From the Start Menu, Select Runbook Designer
- If there is no New Runbook Area, Right-Click on the Runbook folder, and Select New Runbook
- On the New Runbook Area, We will drag and drop some Activities from the Activities List on the right pane.
- From the Scheduling tab, select Monitor Date/Time activity, and from Text File Management Tab, select the Append line activity, draw a link between the both activities.
- Now, we need to configure the properties of both activities, Right-Click on Monitor Date/Time Activity to set its Properties.
- We will set the Monitor Date/time to fire every 5 seconds
- For the Append Line Activity, Right-Click on it to set its properties.
- Set it as exists below, for the Text, we can add any static value, but to make the sample some more reasonable, We will add a dynamic variable, so, Right-Click on the Text box, and Select Subscribe > Published Data > Activity Start Time in UTC
- Now our runbook is ready for Run, Click Check In from the top bar.
- Note that the Run button is Activated, Click on it.
- Check the Out-put file, it should be something like this, Good Luck !